Norton Utilities 16 is a utility software that helps you to analyze, configure, optimize and maintain a computer. At times, while uninstalling the Norton Utilities 16 application, you might get the error. There can be several reasons for this. Also, incomplete uninstallation might result in other errors too. Hence, follow the given procedures for the successful uninstallation of the process.
Before you begin with the uninstallation process, you must know the error messages that will display on your screen. Following are the error messages:
- Norton Utilities 16 is not listed in Programs and Features.
- You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Norton Utilities 16.
- An error has occurred. Not all of the files were successfully uninstalled.
- Another process that is using the file stops Norton Utilities 16 from being uninstalled.
- Files and folders of Norton utilities 16 can be found in the hard disk after the uninstallation.
How To Get Rid Of Norton Utilities 16?
For successful uninstallation, you have to follow the uninstallation processes given below. Carefully follow each process for fixing the error.
Uninstall Via Control Panel
- First of all, click the “Start Menu” icon from the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Then, select Control Panel> Programs> Programs and Features.
- In the next window, you will get a list of all the programs installed on your system.
- From the list, search for the “Norton Utilities 16” application.
- Now, right-click it and from the list tap the “Uninstall” option.
- This will begin the uninstallation process. It might take a few minutes to get completed, hence, wait patiently.
- After the successful completion of the uninstallation process, you have to restart your computing device.
Uninstall from Mac OS
- First and foremost, open the Applications folder on your device.
- Then, launch the Norton Nu 16 application that you want to remove from your device.
- From the top right corner of the screen, click the “Norton Utilities” option. This is beside the Apple icon.
- This will open an extended list. From the list, select the “Uninstall Norton Utilities” option.
- Now, a dialog box will appear, asking you to confirm the uninstallation process. In order to confirm, click the “Uninstall” tab.
- After that, you will get a dialog box to provide the Mac administrator username and password.
- Click the “Install Helper” tab.
- By doing so, the uninstallation process will begin.
- Once the process gets completed, click the “Restart Now” tab.
Using Removal Tool
At times, uninstallation gets failed because of corrupted or missing Norton Nu 16 files. Hence, for successfully getting rid of the application, try installing it again. After installation, uninstall the application again.
- First of all, access the Downloads folder on your system.
- Then, search for your Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool.
- Now, double-click the setup file of the removal tool.
- Further, the License Agreement dialog box will appear on your screen. Read the whole document carefully and click the “Agree” tab.
- In the next window, the Norton removal tool asks you to remove and reinstall the Norton Utilities 16 application from your device. Click the “Remove and Reinstall” tab.
- After that, a popup box will appear asking you to confirm the uninstallation and reinstallation of Norton Utilities 16. In order to confirm, click the “Continue” button.
- Now, the process of app download and uninstallation of the Norton application will begin.
- Once the process gets completed, you will get a popup box on your screen. Click the “Restart Now” tab in order to install the Norton Nu16.
- After your system gets restarted, the installation process will begin automatically.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application.
- Once you are done, try uninstalling it again by following the uninstallation process mentioned above.